Saturday, January 28, 2017

Citizen Lab fellowship

I am very pleased to report that I have accepted a fellowship at the Citizen Lab for 2017.

Citizen Lab is based at the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. It focuses on "advanced research and development at the intersection of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), human rights, and global security."

The book Black Code, written by Citizen Lab's director, Ron Deibert, gives a good sense of the kinds of issues the Lab addresses. You should also check out their many publications.

I've been a big fan of the Citizen Lab's work for years and the thought of being associated with such an amazing place is frankly a bit daunting. They may be expecting results!

I'll do my best.

I should stress at this point that the opinions I express on this blog and elsewhere will continue to be mine alone: I will in no way be speaking for the Citizen Lab.

We're still working out the details of the project(s) I'll be involved in during the fellowship so I can't say much about that right now, other than the obvious fact that the signals intelligence activities of Canada and its Five Eyes allies will be central to it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Michael And Ingrid Heroux said...

Congradulations, you are a great writer. The Citizen Lab are number one in cyber research. Keep up the great work ;D

https://michaelandingridheroux.wordpress.com/about/

http://en.gravatar.com/michaelandingridheroux

February 04, 2017 12:34 am  
Blogger Milan said...

Does this mean you will be spending time on campus at U of T? I am a junior fellow at Massey College, just down the road from the Citizen Lab, and it would be interesting to meet for coffee and a quick discussion.

February 16, 2017 5:10 pm  
Blogger Milan said...

(I haven't used Blogger in ages. My current profile is at: https://www.sindark.com/about-me/ )

February 16, 2017 5:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an update file for you.....My email is still the same... Ed

April 11, 2017 5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home